The whole world is experiencing a difficult emergency. The Corona virus forces museums, theaters, cinemas, schools and universities to stop. People find themselves more fragile, lonely, defenseless. But it is precisely in moments like these, exceptional and unexpected, in which we are called, out of respect for others, to close ourselves in our homes, that it is possible to rediscover the importance of learning. Technology comes to our aid by providing tools that allow us not to waste the time that we now have available. Many initiatives are being organized these days to bring culture into our homes and make us feel less alone. Trainers and teachers are invited to use distance learning to continue educational paths and not lose contact with their groups. Virtual reality supports this alternative path by adding the emotional and engaging part to distance learning.
VIRAL for local communities, a project co-financed by the European Community within the Erasmus + program for innovation and the exchange of good practices, the aim of which is the inclusion of virtual reality as a tool capable of facilitating and stimulating learning in the throughout life and breaking down social and cultural barriers, it accompanies you in this period that we all hope will be as short as possible, inviting you to “virtually” visit the most beautiful museums in the world. A simple, free and exciting way to never stop learning.
1. Pinacoteca di Brera – Milan https://pinacotecabrera.org/
2. Galleria degli Uffizi – Florence https://www.uffizi.it/mostre-virtuali
3. Musei Vaticani – Rome http://www.museivaticani.va/content/museivaticani/it/collezioni/catalogo-online.html
4. Museo Archeologico – Athens https://www.namuseum.gr/en/collections/
5. Prado – Madrid https://www.museodelprado.es/en/the-collection/art-works
6. Louvre – Paris https://www.louvre.fr/en/visites-en-ligne
7. British Museum – London https://www.britishmuseum.org/collection
8. Metropolitan Museum – New York https://artsandculture.google.com/explore
9. Hermitage – St. Petersburg https://bit.ly/3cJHdnj
10. National Gallery of Art – Washington https://www.nga.gov/index.html